Sara Radke Brown is now our Education Coordinator, managing the many Council arts education programs. She will be working with:
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation on our After Class Enrichment (ACE) arts and homework programs at Cedar Park and Geneva Woods.
- Artists in the Schools Program, administering that grant of $15,000 in funding from the Alaska State Council on the Arts for arts residencies in the schools.
- Kennedy Center Partners in Education (PIE) Program with the school district, working to train artists to be effective classroom instructors, offering workshops and institutes for teachers on arts education techniques, assisting with the Elementary School Juried Student Art Show, maintaining an online roster of teaching artists, and collaborating with the District on arts planning and implementation.
- Kennedy Center Any Given Child (AGC) working to ensure equal access to the arts for all elementary and middle school children across the district.
- Poetry Out Loud (POL) coordinating Alaska’s statewide participation in this national recitation competition. (Which Alaska won last year!)
Sara comes to the Council most immediately from the Juneau Symphony, where as the executive director, she coordinated their student programs, and she has a background that includes producing operas for children.